Friday, February 12, 2010

3D/4D Sono = FAIL

Yes... 2 posts in one day... what ever will people think?

So, ever since we had our gender determining and anatomy scan at 19 weeks, I've been wanting to get a 3D/4D sono at a later point in the pregnancy. After looking in to pricing, I had pretty much decided that we weren't going to be able to get one done. I would much rather spend $150-$200 on something "for" the baby. Then last week a friend heard about a new imaging place in Allen that was going to be doing them for free. I called on a Wednesday afternoon and was told that they didn't have any more appointments available for the free sessions. I was disappointed, of course, but they then told me that they would be doing them this week for only $50. That's quite a bargain, so I made an appointment for this past Thursday.

Well, everyone who lives in the Dallas area knows what happened here on Thursday. Record breaking snow fall! Luckily, at the time of my appointment (1:00pm) the roads were just wet and not slick, so we set out for Allen. I knew that getting decent pictures would be iffy at this stage of my pregnancy just due to the fact that there isn't much room in there anymore. If only that were the issue... Apparently, I have a stubborn child. Who would have thought? She kept her hands in front of her face the entire time! No matter what we did to try and make her move, we were unable to get a shot of more than a partial profile. In 2D (think regular black/white sono) mode they were able to see that she has some chubby cheeks and already has hair. I guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see what she really looks like. Stinker :)

34 Weeks

I'm actually 35 weeks today as I write this, but had my 34 week appointment with Dr B this past Monday. It was more of the usual with one exception. I knew that I would be tested for GBS (Group Beta Strep), but I thought it would be at 36 weeks. Much to my surprise, I was told that it would be happening at this appointment. It wasn't so bad, but when you aren't expecting to have to strip from the waist down... I'm assuming they will treat this test like all my others. No news is good news. I am supposed to go back and visit again in 2 weeks, however, he is out of the office that Monday. So, since I am not a high risk pregnancy, we are going to skip a week and go at 37 weeks. I would have been there anyway for my first of my weekly visits. Dr B said we would discuss what labor "looks" like at my next visit. It's hard to believe that I'm already to the point that we need to talk about that. I've been so blessed to have an uncomplicated pregnancy.