Friday, June 6, 2008

Frustrated

I went to see my OB/GYN today. I've been taking my Dostinex for 11 weeks now and still no period. We had a nice little talk and I'm going to start back on birth control. I know that sounds very counter productive, but he said we need to see if "the system" is working correctly. Basically, he wants to make sure my body is actually capable of having a cycle (but he's sure it is). I had regular cycles when I was on the pill previously. When I stopped taking it, I vowed I would never take it again. And now, here I am. He told me that I would probably eventually need to see a RE and maybe even have my hubby have some testing as well. He said that most REs start women on the pill for about 3 months before they get ready to start Clomid (a medication to induce ovulation). Clomid will probably be my next step. He actually said the "IF" (infertility) word today.
I feel like my body has betrayed me in a way. Women are born to have babies, and I can't seem to do it. I am surrounded by these "super fertile" people who have gotten pregnant while on the pill, and I can't seem to get pregnant with no birth control what so ever. I guess I should try to stay positive. Maybe this will be just the kick start my body needs. At this point all I can do is hope...

No comments: