Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Slacking


Wow... I can't believe I let a month go by without updating. Bad blogging on my part. However, I'm not really sure if anyone reads this, so I guess it doesn't matter too much.


Let's see... what's been going on? Well, I started a period on 7/7 (thanks to the BCP). It was the heaviest, worst period in my life. I'm talking bleeding straight through a super tampon in 3 hours heavy (sorry... TMI). Luckily, it was only that heavy for about 2 days. Now, it's back to the waiting game. I'm really hoping that this is the jump start my body needs to do things on it's own. I may be on the right track, though, as I had a little bit of spotting for a couple of days around cycle day 15. I'm now on cycle day 23 with no spotting. I really wanted to chart my cycles using FAM (Fertility Awareness Method), but with my sleep/work schedule, I can't take my temp and expect it to be accurate. All I can do is monitor CM (cervical mucous) at this point.


I did learn something interesting this past weekend though. I had lunch with some friends from high school. As it turns out, both of them struggled a bit to get pregnant, and I have another friend from high school who has been trying as long as we have. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Now that I have reconnected with these wonderful girls, I have someone who has been there to talk with.


The only other thing going on didn't actually happen directly to me. I just benefit from it. On Sunday 7/27 at 11:00am my sister-in-law delivered a beautiful baby boy. Aiden Wade (see picture above) was 8lbs 9oz and 20 inches long. He's absolutely beautiful and I'm completely in love with him. I have a niece and nephew from my husband's brother and his wife already. While they are also beautiful and wonderful, they just live too far away (Houston) and I don't get to see them often. This little one just lives about 20 minutes away. I'm so excited to be a part of his life and watch him grow up. Now I just need to get him a cousin to grow up with!


No comments: