Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Unrelated

I'm not going to talk about pregnancy or babies. On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to talk (just briefly) about work. I love my job and that hasn't changed. I recently applied for a supervisor position at work. Long and stressful interview process. The group of candidates was strong, but I originally thought I might have a shot. That was until one of the supervisors on the regular ICU side put her name into the running for the supervisor on the cardiac side. When that happened, I knew my shot was gone. She's a great person, but I figured that (fair or not) she was a shoe in because she was already a supervisor. And today, I found out I was right. I didn't get the job, and she did. What a bummer. Our manager said that she wanted to mentor me and get me ready to be a supervisor when the next position opens up. She was really excited when I applied and thinks I'll be great at it... one day.
Thanks for letting me ramble. I just needed to get it out...

No comments: