Wednesday, December 30, 2009

28 Weeks

I had my 28 week appointment with Dr B yesterday. We had to drive to the office downtown by the hospital instead of the satellite office we usually go to. Dr B was going to be out of the office on Monday, so we had no choice but to change. It's really hard to make appointments on holiday weeks. We left at 9:30 for a 10:30 appointment because you just never know how traffic will be on I-30. Luckily, traffic was light. I was signed in for my appointment by 10:05 and they actually took me back early.
The appointment was pretty uneventful. The usual BP check, weight check (up about 10 lbs total at this point), and the "sample" I always have to give. Got all of that taken care of and then went in to the exam room to wait for Dr B. I really do forget how lucky I am to have such a wonderful OB until he walks in the room. He always has time to chat and answer any and all questions we have. Most of the time, I don't have many. He went through everything and said my BP was good, my weight gain was good and said my results from my glucose tolerance test and blood counts from my last visit were great. (Yay for not having Gestational Diabetes!) He then proceeded to listen to the baby's heartbeat and make sure that my uterus was up at the level it should be. While listening to her heartbeat, he said "sounds like there's a party in there!" I told him that some days, it sure feels like it too ;)
Not much else to report at this point. I'm now going to start visiting his office every 2 weeks up until 36 weeks and then it will be once weekly until delivery. I can't believe how fast this is all flying by. I'm anxious to get her here and see her beautiful little face, but at the same time, I'm loving the fact that I'm the only one who "knows" her right now. All the wiggles and kicks are the most amazing thing I have ever felt. I'll miss it when it's over, but holding her in my arms will be even better.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Glad things are going well. Take care of yourself!